Isabella is a classic and timeless name, but finding the perfect middle name to complement it can be a challenge.
Most families have a tradition of passing down a specific middle name from generation to generation, but sometimes it’s just nice to find a middle name you genuinely love and that stands out!
In this blog post, you will be able to choose from a list of 25 of the best middle names for Isabella, understand their origins, meanings, and learn what celebrities have those names.
I am confident that, by the end of this post, you’ll pick the perfect middle name for your baby girl Isabella 🙂
Top 25 Middle Names for Isabella
- Isabella Faith
- Isabella Claire
- Isabella Hope
- Isabella Joy
- Isabella Lily
- Isabella Maeve
- Isabella Noelle
- Isabella Quinn
- Isabella Ruby
- Isabella Sage
- Isabella Skye
- Isabella Tess
- Isabella Violet
- Isabella Willow
- Isabella Zoe
- Isabella Adalyn
- Isabella Amelia
- Isabella Annabelle
- Isabella Arabella
- Isabella Audrey
- Isabella Aurora
- Isabella Caroline
- Isabella Cecilia
- Isabella Delilah
- Isabella Eden
Origins of The Middle Names
The origins of a name can hold a lot of significance and meaning, and the same is true for middle names.
The middle name you choose for your baby can reflect your family’s heritage, cultural background, or personal beliefs.
In this section, we’ll explore the origins of each middle name on our list, providing you with a deeper understanding of the meaning and significance behind each name.
From English to French, Irish to German, each name holds its own unique story 🙂
1. Faith: Faith represents devotion and loyalty. Origin: English. Celebrity namesake: Faith Hill (singer)
2. Claire: Claire is a French name that means bright and clear. Origin: French. Celebrity namesake: Claire Danes (actress)
3. Hope: Hope represents optimism and positivity. Origin: English. Celebrity namesake: Hope Solo (soccer player)
4. Joy: Joy represents happiness and delight. Origin: English. Celebrity namesake: Joy Behar (television host)
5. Lily: Lily represents purity and innocence. Origin: English. Celebrity namesake: Lily Collins (actress)
6. Maeve: Maeve is a name of Irish origin that means “she who intoxicates”. Origin: Irish. Celebrity namesake: Maeve Brennan (writer)
7. Noelle: Noelle is a French name that means “Christmas”. Origin: French. Celebrity namesake: Noelle Reno (fashion designer)
8. Quinn: Quinn is a name of Irish origin that means “wise”. Origin: Irish. Celebrity namesake: Quinn Cummings (actress)
9. Ruby: Ruby represents passion and vitality. Origin: English. Celebrity namesake: Ruby Rose (actress)
10. Sage: Sage represents wisdom and healing. Origin: English. Celebrity namesake: Sage Steele (television host)
11. Skye: Skye represents freedom and the vastness of the sky. Origin: Scottish. Celebrity namesake: Skye McCole Bartusiak (actress)
12. Tess: Tess represents harvest and abundance. Origin: English. Celebrity namesake: Tess Holliday (model)
13. Violet: Violet represents faithfulness and devotion. Origin: English. Celebrity namesake: Violet Affleck (daughter of Ben Affleck)
14. Willow: Willow represents flexibility and resilience. Origin: English. Celebrity namesake: Willow Smith (singer)
15. Zoe: Zoe represents life and renewal. Origin: Greek. Celebrity namesake: Zoe Saldana (actress)
16. Adalyn: Adalyn represents nobility and kindness. Origin: German. Celebrity namesake: Adalynn Calvert (daughter of country singer Craig Wayne Boyd)
17. Amelia: Amelia represents hard working and determination. Origin: German. Celebrity namesake: Amelia Earhart (pilot)
18. Annabelle: Annabelle represents grace and beauty. Origin: French. Celebrity namesake: Annabelle Wallis (actress)
19. Arabella: Arabella represents devotion and grace. Origin: Latin. Celebrity namesake: Arabella Churchill (great-granddaughter of Sir Winston Churchill)
20. Audrey: Audrey represents noble strength. Origin: English. Celebrity namesake: Audrey Hepburn (actress)
21. Aurora: Aurora represents dawn and light. Origin: Roman. Celebrity namesake: Aurora Aksnes (singer)
22. Caroline: Caroline represents strong and free. Origin: English. Celebrity namesake: Caroline Kennedy (daughter of President John F. Kennedy)
23. Cecilia: Cecilia means blind. Origin: Latin. Celebrity namesake: Cecilia Cheung (actress)
24. Delilah: Delilah represents seductive and amorous. Origin: Hebrew. Celebrity namesake: Delilah Belle Hamlin (model)
25. Eden: Eden represents paradise and perfection. Origin: Hebrew. Celebrity namesake: Eden Sher (actress)
Origin of The Name Isabella
The name Isabella is the Italian and Spanish version of the Hebrew name Elisheba, meaning “God is my oath”.
In the Bible, Elisheba was the wife of Aaron, the brother of Moses.
The name Isabella became popular in the 14th century in Italy, used by the royal family of Aragon, Spain.
It was also used by Queen Isabella I of Castile, who sponsored the voyages of Christopher Columbus.
In recent years, Isabella has become a popular name in many countries around the world, particularly in the United States and Canada.
Celebrities with the Name Isabella
- Isabella Rossellini – Italian actress, filmmaker, author, philanthropist, and model. She is known for her roles in the films “Blue Velvet” and “Death Becomes Her”.
- Isabella Ferrari – Italian actress, known for her roles in the films “The Stendhal Syndrome” and “Vivere”.
- Isabella Blow – English fashion editor, stylist, and magazine editor, best known for her work as the fashion director of British Vogue.
- Isabella Calthorpe – English actress, known for her roles in the TV series “The Bill” and “Holby City”.
- Isabella Leong – Hong Kong actress and singer, known for her roles in the films “Isabella” and “Love Undercover”.
- Isabella de la Houssaye – American actress and television host, best known for her role as “Miss Isabella” on the children’s television show “Romper Room”.
- Isabella Acres – American child actress, known for her roles in the films “Up” and “Furry Vengeance”.
- Isabella Gouthier – Brazilian actress and television host, known for her roles in the telenovelas “Dancin’ Days” and “Caminho das Índias”.
- Isabella Sotomayor – Puerto Rican actress and television host, known for her roles in the telenovelas “El Rostro de Analía” and “Amor Bravío”.
- Isabella Khair Hadid – American model, known for her work with brands such as Dior, Bulgari, and Max Mara. She is the younger sister of supermodel Gigi Hadid.
Short Names for Isabella
Popularity of the Name Isabella
Isabella has been a popular name for girls in recent years, ranking in the top 10 most popular names in the United States.
The name has also been popular in other countries such as Canada, Australia, and New Zealand, so it’s clear that Isabella is a versatile and attractive name that is well-liked by many parents around the world!
Variations of the Name Isabella In Other Languages
If you like any of the 25 top middle names for Isabella, but think they would go better with a slight variation of the first name, take a look at the list below:
- German: Isabele
- Scandinavia: Isabellah
- Portuguese: Isabel
- French: Isabelle
- Polish: Izabela
- Hungarian: Izabella
Isabella is such a classic and timeless name that can be complemented by a variety of middle names.
The 25 middle names we have provided, along with their origins, meanings, and celebrity namesakes, can give you an idea of the infinite options available out there 🙂
Whether you choose a name that represents devotion and loyalty, like Faith, or one that represents purity and innocence, like Lily, the important thing is that you choose a name that you and your family love!